Whadaya need? A magnet?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Jun 26 02:31:37 EDT 2004

Sorreee

I forgot to change the subject line :-/

On Jun 25, 2004, at 9:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:49:24 -0400
> From: Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net>
> Subject: Whadaya need? A magnet?
>
> How exactly do you get "metal" to stick?
>
> I have a stack defined as having a metal background, when it opens in
> the IDE it doesn't honor it until I set the metal to false, then back
> to true. So, I did it in script in the first openCard event. It doesn't
> work. Same results in my standalone. The border is metalized, but not
> the background.
>
> How do you get a stack to use the metal appearance (OSX only), and
> actually use it?
Believe it or not, that's actually how it works. A soon as the startup
script ends, the background reverts to a blank. It's an OSX /metal
window thing.

What you have to do is keep it visible while you take a snapshot of the
space and set an image to it, lay it into the background.

If you want to resize your metal window, you need to make the graphic
large enough to accommodate it.

Ken N.