What is the difference between a ' and a " ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jun 26 00:02:52 EDT 2004

> > You see Rev will assume an
> > unquoted value as a string unless it is a variable
>
> Shhhh.
>
> It's statements like that which send traditional language programmers
> running.
>
> I know I have to keep a leg strapped to my chair.

:-)

> I don't expect that to change, but I'm guessing this is what all the
> explicit vars noise is about? If so, count me in!

Actually, it's a lot like "Option Explicit" in Visual Basic... the idea that
you have the choice as to whether you want the compiler to flag variables
that you haven't previously declared or not. The idea being is that you'll
find typos, etc., and it's probably a bit more efficient/faster because
everything is previously declared. It's not going to affect how Rev
interprets unquoted strings, though.

I know, perhaps we need another global property like "the explicitStrings"
which if true would require strings to be quoted? ;-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/