Strange local behavior (plus a cool tip!)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 04:47:21 EDT 2004

--- MisterX <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> So I put the "local" statement before the mouseup
> and now it works.
>
> I checked the documentation to see if there was a
> mention of precedence but
> there isn't any.
>
> So is it normal? Should I write a bugzilla to
> suggest documentation change
> or a script precendence bug?
>
> cheerios
> Xavier

Hi X,

Even though I'm not the engine-man, I'd say this is
expected behaviour, as the compiler saves time by only
making one pass over the script, and checks variable
names with the ones it already knows at that point.
If it is unclear in the docs, then by all means
Bugzilla a doc change.

Jan Schenkel.

=====