Standalone Builder not remembering last build folder

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jun 23 19:20:38 EDT 2004

>Hi all,
>
>Before I bugzilla this, I wanted confirmation that it's not just my system
>(Win2000).  I have been working a lot with building executables, and have
>noticed a few glitches.  First, RR/SB doesn't remember the last used build
>folder for a stack.  In fact, after exiting and restarting RR, the
>SB always
>starts at "My Computer" when asking where to save the build to.  But after
>building a standalone the first time, the next time I run SB (without
>exiting RR), it starts at the parent folder to the previously
>selected build
>folder.  For example, if I choose to build in "D:\Revolution\Builds", then
>run SB again, the browse starts at "D:\Revolution".  So I can't just accept
>the default, I have to select the correct folder each time.  The fact that
>it starts somewhere else besides "My Computer" tells me that the SB is
>sort-of remembering the last build folder, just not correctly.  So
>this part
>is what I am considering a bug.

No... the standalone builder makes no effort to remember the previous build
folder chosen for an application. It asks for a folder every time. This was
by design. This could be a bug to mark against the answer folder command
though so I'm checking it out.

>But in addition to this, I am going to enter an enhancement request for the
>SB to save the last build folder as part of the "Standalone Application
>Settings", and to use it automatically without asking.  I also
>would like an
>option to turn off the dialog that asks if I want to overwrite the build
>folder.  What do you think?

Well... the idea of always asking was by design but I can see how it would
get annoying if you did alot of builds into the same folder. Please add this
as an enhancement request to bugzilla.

Cheers

Monte