how "use stack panel" works

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 10:48:22 EDT 2004

I'm trying to create an option menu that when selected, displays a list of
colored boxes, with the color-names next to them in field-text.   I've so far
been able to get the menu to display via the "use stack panel" selection in the
properties of an OPTION button.   I then make another stack called "colors",
and point the "use stack panel" option to that new stack.

My question is, how do I get the selections out of that new stack back into
my main stack?   I'm finding that if my colors stack's text field has this
script:

on mouseMove
   set the hilitedLine of field "colors" to word 2 of the mouseLine
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
   answer "mousedUp!"
end mouseUp

that this script runs fine when in editing mode, but when I run it, nothing
happens - - - no line hilite in the field, and it doesn't appear to detect
mouseUp.

I did a search in the archives for "option button use stack panel", but it
didn't bring up any examples of how to make this work.   Any help is greatly
appreciated.