A clue for using Valentina by XCMD

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jun 21 17:04:01 EDT 2004

>Actually, I've been using and trapping errors in Valentina with MetaCard for
>a long time and very rarely will it crash MetaCard; perhaps it's an IDE
>interation thing with Rev?
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Ken, as you say, you have been using Valentina for a long time. So
did I. Just like you, I do not remember when was the last time I
crashed it. The thing is that as long-time users, we know the order
of calls well. However, it is known that calling certain functions
out of order results in crashes and invariably new users fall into
that trap. Using a different version of xfcn and the valentina
library under Classic will also crash reliably.

Robert Brenstein