Splash screen in standalone - too long to show

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Jun 21 13:31:01 EDT 2004

Hi John,

> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:26:36 -0700
> From: "John Rule" <johnrule at rcsprogramming.com>
> Subject: Re: Splash screen in standalone - too long to show
>
> Thanks Richard...that explains some things.
>
> I also have a few substacks in this stack, so it might help to break
> this up
> a bit. My expectation was that I have control over the subatcks that
> are
> loaded. I suppose the 'code' for the substacks (which is embedded in my
> splash screen) is being loaded with the splash screen whether it is
> used or
> not...about 2 megabytes worth of stuff.
That, by itself, doesn't explain it unless there's something you're not
saying. If you run init routines in a preOpenStack handler, then I
think it's waiting until they are done to show the splash window.

If that's the case, move the init routines into an openStack handler of
the splash. That way the splash window shows _first_, and _then_ your
init routines run, which is what you want.

HTH,
Ken N.