use-revolution Digest, Vol 9, Issue 45

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jun 20 09:45:23 EDT 2004

>The best Transcript offers at the moment is "the detailed files",
>which includes at least some info, including data fork size, res
>fork size, creation date, modification date, permissions, creator
>code, and filetype code.
>
>If you need more than that hopefully Mr. Rinaldi can be pursuaded to
>update GetFInfo for use in Rev.  I read Bugzilla #855, and while I
>can understand your frustration I can also understand the necessity
>for RunRev to not make a policy of supporting third-party externals.
>The best person who can help with that would be Mr. Rinaldi himself.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin

Well, I posted this primarily for your benefit, Richard, since you
mentioned planning a project that works with files. I gather from
your response that you do not need any of that info. May be I am the
only one ever :)

If you read Bugzilla, you should have noted that Mr. Rinaldi wrote he
had checked and not seen anything that could be wrong with the
external and suspected an issue with the engine, hence I entered this
into Bugzilla. Who am I argue with Mr Rinaldi, probably the most
noted external writer.

Note also that later, I have converted this from bug report to
enhancement request. The detailed files info does not contain any of
the info I mentioned. Plus, "the detailed files" is read only,
whereas all those items must be read/write.

Robert