use-revolution Digest, Vol 9, Issue 45

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Jun 20 08:16:12 EDT 2004

>I'll be facing a similar challenge scheduled for August on an app
>that needs some file/folder stuff.  But we're using this design
>phase to pin down the essential must-haves first, so hopefully we'll
>be able to deliver what we truly need at a very low cost, and leave
>the full Finder experience to Apple's excellent team. :)
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

One big shortcoming, at least for me, is that there is no way to
access Finder flags and file labels directly in Rev as far as I know
(AppleScript is not a workaround for me because I need to manipulate
these in large quantities and repeatedly).

I can use Rinaldi's externals to handle that in Hypercard (and that
is what I continue to do), but the GetFInfo external crashes Rev/MC
and, unfortunately, RR does not consider it an issue (see bug 855).

Robert Brenstein