Euro symbol woes

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jun 19 12:24:10 EDT 2004

Recently, "Rob Cozens" wrote:

> My goal is simple: store text in different languages in different
> fields and populate other fields with the text when the user changes
> languages.
>
> My problem is the text contains the unicode euro currency symbol.  I
> have tried moving the text, the htmlText, and the unicodeText, and
> none consistently gives me the euro symbol in the target field.
>
> Surely manipulating text containing a euro symbol can't be as
> problematical as it seems to me?  What's the secret?

Maybe you've got a font issue going on with the second field.  Some fonts
don't support/contain the character.

When I place the symbol into a field set to "geneva" (Mac OSX) and do "put
fld 1 into fld 2", it copies over fine.

Key combination appears to be option+shift+2 (again MacOS -- probably
different on Windows).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director