xml teaching

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jun 18 05:42:09 EDT 2004

Hi Andrew and all,

> In a message dated 06/17/2004 07:03:32 PM,
> use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:
>
>> I have written one (at least part one of what will be a two part
>> series) and it is going to be included in the next release of
>> Revolution (I think).
>> Sarah,
> Please release before next update if you can. Many folks would rather
> be
> productive than wait ;-)

Yes, please, Sarah! :-)

The "built-in" example stacks about XML are not a very good starting
point for
"absolute xml beginners"...

What i would like to see are the basics!

We know "basically" what XML is, how it might be organized etc, but
e.g. how can we
get a list of all attributes and their values, just to get an overview
of the otherwise unknown
XML file?

The visual XML tree is a fine thing, but if you do not need it or
cannot use a graphical
representation of it, how to preceed?

And the substacks of the XML example stack are popping up errors all
the time :-(
(Looks like it looses the connection to the XML external?)

Especially the "XMLtest", so this is useless to most of us XML
newbies...

The "?" button is not working!
(But i do NOT want to talk about the design ;-)

Maybe this IS all in the example stack, but i cannot get started...
And many others probably, too...

> Thanks,
> Andrew

Regards