disable enable

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 18 00:57:28 EDT 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 12:33 AM, Howard Bornstein wrote:

>> Hi , is there a way to disable a whole stack or all objects of a
>> stack and enable them after that ?
>
> I don't know off-hand if every object has a disabled state but you
> could try something like this:

I do basically what Howard suggested in my project, though it is at the
card level. Well, actually I do the second half (enabling) as a
development aid... it allows me access to all of my controls, even
though a user wouldn't normally be able to use them at that point in
the program. Very useful.

Another useful technique is through grouping, since setting the enabled
of a group to false, sets all of its contained controls to false, or
setting to true, sets them all to true. The cool part of that technique
is that it doesn't require a repeat loop, and acts very quickly.

Either way, it certainly works at the card level, for the current card.
I don't know about doing this at the stack level for controls which are
not currently displayed.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.