Jiggling the autoHilite handle

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 18 00:28:38 EDT 2004

On 6/17/04 10:30 AM, Troy Rollins wrote:

> I have some rectangle buttons in my project which don't behave too
> nicely in OSX. They seem to like to retain the "down state". The hilite
> value is set sometimes programmatically, other times via mouse
> interaction. In either case, they can hold not the hilite state, but
> whatever the autohilite state is called (the darkest button state,
> mouseDown, whatever).

This can happen if you have auto-hilite set to true for a button while a
script tries to manipulate the hilite as well. It's usually best to
choose one way or the other; either let the autohiliting be in charge,
or write scripts to manage things instead. In this case, I think I'd put
in mousedown and mouseup scripts that set the hilite and turn off the
auto-hilite property entirely.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com