SQL

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Thu Jun 17 05:38:12 EDT 2004

Hello again,

First, congratulations for using PostgreSQL ! It's, today, the more
suitable, secure and powerfull ACID SQL server available, Sybase ASE,
as the next one. Second, i don't know how to do that available under
RevDB, as long as my Rev's applications servers are directly targeting
psql trough shell() calls, but the way is to catch the postmaster/psql
reply within your RevDB transcript code. In the way i'm using for my
own, the reply always contains an explicit message alike INSERT DONE,
SELECT DONE, UPDATE DONE, DELETE DONE, VACCUM DONE, etc.... for the
commited transactions and, else, a debug's usable explicit PostgreSQL's
postmaster's error message, in other cases. Just adapt your PostgreSQL
config files about the verbose messages level filling your needs and
catch them from within your transcript code.

Le 17 juin 04, à 02:56, hershbp at verizon.net a écrit :

> On Wednesday, June 16, 2004, at 08:44 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> hershbp-
>>
>> yes.
> Which is ?
> The ending command I belive is "revCommitDatabase" or revdb_commit" ,
> but the question is the start ?
> I'm using PostgreSQL and for PostgreSQL you don't need the commit
> command or function, it saves upon "revdb_execute". Now when I need to
> make sure that the whole series of statements where successful I think
> there is something like a begin sql.... and endSql.
> Thanks
> p.s.  Iis a command faster then a function ?
>>
>> --
>> -Mark Wieder
>>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"