Can't set a card to the screenrect (sort of)

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Jun 16 16:26:21 EDT 2004

These are the kind of problems that just drive me batty.

I create a stack via code. Then I set it to the rect of the screenrect.

I do a bunch of stuff, including adding items to the stack. Then I
group the items.

Finally, I set the rect of the group to the rect of the card (which
should be the screenrect).

This works fine if I put in a breakpoint. I run the code, hit the
breakpoint, click Run in the debugger, and Bob's your uncle. I end up
with a scrollable group the size of the screen.

However, if I just run the code without any breakpoint, Rev thinks the
card size is 256 X 256 (the default size when creating a card) and the
group is set to this size--even after I've set the rect of the stack to
the screenrect.

The commands I use are:

<create a stack>
set the rect of stack MapName to the screenRect
<create objects and group them>
set the rect of group "Grid" of card "Map" of stack MapName to the rect
of card "Map" of stack MapName

This group always turns out to be 256 X 256 even though there's stuff
in it larger than the screenrect size and even though the card always
ends up the screen size.

The infuriating this about this is that if I run it in the debugger,
with no changes other than to stop at a breakpoint anywhere before the
group is resized, it works fine.

Argghhh!

Any ideas?

Regards,