REALLY close stack

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Wed Jun 16 10:15:35 EDT 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 5:04 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> I remember a problem somewhat similar from way back (in a previous
> engine). I concluded (but can't confirm) that the problem occurred
> because the removal of the stack from memory took place after the
> handler finished running. So deleting stacks in a repeat loop may not
> produce the desired effect. The solution was to use "send ... in
> <time>" . Perhaps something like this (untested):

Thanks Dave, and yes, I too considered the possibility that a "close
and purge" did not happen until after the handler was complete, so
therefore doing it in a loop would be problematic. Also, a single
handler which first closes a stack, then re-opens one with the same
stack name would be similarly afflicted.

Yet, "delete" seems to be fine with it. Both in loops, as well as a
linear handler. So something there is very different.

I still say there should be a "kill stack."

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.