REALLY close stack

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed Jun 16 01:32:57 EDT 2004

and Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> ...  if you can toss together a simple example that demonstrates this
> anomaly and post it to Bugzilla it'll likely be fixed ASAP.

Wish I could. I see the same symptoms as Troy but tossing together a
simple example that demonstrates this anomaly is not so easy.

Background:

I usually run my personal-use stacks under the IDE.

I have an application comprising a master stack with just four buttons
and three significant sub-stacks and a few dialogs. Three of the
buttons on the master open/close (toggle) the three components and the
fourth button saves everything. The component buttons also save their
substacks before closing them. Destroystack is true on everything, and
is my default.

There are four copies, differently named, of this application, holding
data for different people. I open one, update it and close it after
saving. Do the same for others, or not.

Often (i.e. I can not make it happen just by opening one of the stacks,
modifying it and closing it; I just tried) when I quit Rev, then it
will pop up every substack window and the master stack asking if I want
to save it and all its brethren; all of them, each time. I guarantee
that there is no forgetfulness here, and that I have saved each stack
individually and with the master save button before closing.

I have a clue that what might stop this from happening is using
"File...Save" from menus rather than using the Save button. However,
why should that be?

I fear this is just not sufficient information for Bugzilla. Any
comments or additional information?

regards
David