Rev won't launch

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Jun 15 19:11:02 EDT 2004

>Message: 15
>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:44:46 +0100
>From: Geoff Caplan <geoff at advantae.com>
>Subject: Re[2]: Rev won't launch
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Sarah,
>
>SR> This happens occasionally and the quickest & easiest way to fix it is
>SR> to re-install Revolution.
>
>That's what I'll do: no other option really.
>
>SR> BTW: while I recommended changing the mtp.mc stack's file extension to
>SR> .rev, I don't remember suggesting that it be put in the plugin
>SR> directory.
>
>I must have misread your instructions. Thanks for the pointer...
>
>------------------
>Geoff Caplan
>Vario Software Ltd
>(+44) 121-515 1154

Geoff,

If the launch hangs at the "Loading Plug-ins" stage you might suspect
that it is that component which is at fault. But it turns out that it
is the next component which causes the problem. Try replacing just
the "Saves" folder inside the "Components" folder.

This has happened to me on several occasions and this single change
restores functionality.

Jim