Remote alerts

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Jun 15 16:07:56 EDT 2004

> If you want to call and play a sound, I suggest you get something like
> Phlink. It will do exactly what you want on Mac OS X. You can have it
> call and do a text to speech message and wait for some touchtone
> response (or start calling other people).

This is something I've always wondered about.  Both HyperCard and Rev have
the ability to use a computer's modem to dial a phone number, but that's
pretty much it after that.

Yes, you can send AT and other commands to the modem, but why is there
nothing for playing sounds or receiving touch tones?  This seems like a good
feature to have if it's possible.

Combine that with the Image Capture and the Internet Library, and hey...a
VideoPhone!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software