jumping text insertion point in the script editor

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jun 15 12:31:20 EDT 2004

On Jun 15, 2004, at 9:19 AM, Wouter wrote:

> Rev 2.2 and Mac OS X 10.3.4.

Same setup.

> Enter a string of chars in a script editor and try to set the text
> insertion point after char 1, it jumps before char 1. If inserted
> after char 2 no problems. Trying to move the text insertion point from
> before char 1 by the arrowkeys does not work as it jumps back
> directly.
> Selecting char 1 is not possible.
> Can someone confirm this behavior? (Or is it only on my rig?  :-)

I see the same behavior, but only on the first line of a handler that
uses "on <handler name>. IOW, if the first word of the handler is "on",
I can't put the cursor after the "o". It jumps back to before the "o".
It doesn't do this for any other line in the handler (not on the "end
<handler name>" line, nor on the first line of a function handler.

BTW, this problem only occurs when colorization is on. Try turning off
colorization, enter the script again, and see if it still happens.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein