modal dialog on Mac OS X 10.3.4

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Tue Jun 15 12:15:05 EDT 2004

> I cant replicate the behavior you are describing except by adding
> stack mode changing code somewhere.
> But what I did mean was, check if the mode is changed (or not changed)
> somewhere by adding 1 line of code.
>
>> go to cd "xxx" of stack "yyy" as modal
> put the mode of stack "yyy"
>
> If everything runs normal it should report 0 after the closing of the
> modal stack.
> Else if it is not 5 then something is done to your modal stack in
> another spot.

It returns "0"
but the script runs without waiting the close of stack "yyy"

my script :

     set the dialogdata to empty
     set the label of stack "yyy" to "Editer"
     go to cd "edition" of stack "yyy" as modal
     put the dialogdata into tData
     put the mode of stack "dialogue et dates"
     set the dialogdata to empty

the msg box shows "0"

can you explain this ?

Greetings.