HOWTO: Check if a particulare card/stack exists?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jun 14 14:41:46 EDT 2004

At 11:13 AM -0400 6/14/2004, K wrote:
>I was wondering how I can check of a specific card/stack exists
>(actually sub stack/card exists).

Use the "there is a" operator:

To check if a card exists:
   if there is a card "My Card" then... -- in the current stack
   if there is a card "My Card" of stack "My Stack" then...

To check if a stack is loaded into memory:
   if there is a stack "My Stack" then...

To check if a stack exists in a particular file (loaded into memory or not):
   if there is a stack "My Stack" of stack "/Disk/Folder/File.rev" then...

To check if a stack is a substack of another stack that's in memory:
   if there is a stack "My Substack" of stack "My Main Stack" then...
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com