USB input capture

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jun 11 18:15:06 EDT 2004

On Jun 11, 2004, at 9:51 AM, Mike Bautsch wrote:

> Specifically, I need to use a Logitech steering wheel and pedals with
> my
> app, but I only need to detect if the accelerator or brake pedal has
> been pushed.

Maybe on Windows you can use the Logitech Profiler to map these to key
& mouse.

But you seem to be a mac guy...  Maybe there is some way to get to the
HID interface with an external.  Or there might be a utility to
translate the OS X HID to mouse & key.

Some USB devices also present a serial interface in the usb interface.
That isn't working well yet on OS X.

Just some wild guesses.

Dar Scott