custom properties in stacks that aren't open

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Fri Jun 11 17:40:02 EDT 2004

What happens if I refer to a custom property that is in a stack that is not
open?  Does the stack open invisible and load into memory, or can you
actually read a custom property from a stack without opening it?

I've been playing with this a little, but I can't really tell what's
happening.  I tried getting data from a custom property in a stack file,
which worked just fine.  But then when I tried to open that stack file in
the Rev IDE, I got the message saying a stack with the same name was already
open and did I want to Save, Purge, or Cancel.  But the stack did not appear
in the openStacks.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield