Problems with the Export command

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Jun 9 14:54:13 EDT 2004

On Jun 9, 2004, at 1:47 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> It appears to be a problem with the interpreter, and fortunately not
> with the underlying JPEG mechanism.
>
> The problem seems limited to this form:
>
>   export <format> to file <path>
>
> But I just tried the other form shown in the Transcript Dictionary:
>
>   export <imageDescriptor> to file <path> as <format>
>
> ...and it seems to work, apparently routing the command to the
> appropriate compressor, e.g.:
>
>    export img 1 to file "mytest2.jpg" as jpeg
>    export img "MyImage" to file "mytest2.png" as png
>
> If you want it to work by selection you could use:
>
>    export the selectedObject to file "mytest1.jpg" as "jpeg"
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

Thanks, Richard.

I was also able to get it to work using "export image". Your suggestion
of using the selectedobject allowed me to make this work with Ken's
script as well. Thank you!

I found that the largest width I could set the stack and create an
export image was about 4000 pixels. Anything greater caused the image
to display garbage. I searched the archives but couldn't find a
definitive answer: is there a maximum size image beyond which Rev
cannot handle?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein