Enough already!

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jun 9 06:27:30 EDT 2004

>On Tuesday, June 8, 2004, at 09:37  PM, Dr.John R.Vokey wrote:
>
>>All,
>>   Sheesh! I have read too much fluff and politeness: it's like the
>>whole RR list has become Canadian, eh.
>
>Well that's sort of interesting, knowing that not all Canadians
>think alike like the rest of us on earth, but some having strong
>opinions that tend to isolate or denigrate others, especially people
>like us poor misguided Americans south of the border in some peoples
>eyes or in our own eyes.

I hope I am not putting my foot in my mouth by responding to this
thread, but I haven't read John's comments so badly. I think his two
main points were

1. people posting about problems should try to control their temper
and try to stay factual -- whining and aggravation does not help
anyone (says me who did that at some ocassions :) although the state
of buginess of Rev in some areas can be frustrating (hopefully this
will change soon); but if one needs to vent their frustrations on the
list, we should be able to accept them (although the post should be
tagged accordingly)

2. some responses to bug reports or shortcomings of RR seem to be
overly defensive about RR which can be intimidating and a possible
turn-off (if someone needs a full-featured word processing field, it
does not help extolling how RR can do million other things and is
easy to program). Some of such emails would be better sent off-list
for more direct and somber discussion.

Robert