Enough already!

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 01:51:08 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, June 8, 2004, at 09:37  PM, Dr.John R.Vokey wrote:

> All,
>   Sheesh! I have read too much fluff and politeness: it's like the
> whole RR list has become Canadian, eh.

Well that's sort of interesting, knowing that not all Canadians think
alike like the rest of us on earth, but some having strong opinions
that tend to isolate or denigrate others, especially people like us
poor misguided Americans south of the border in some peoples eyes or in
our own eyes.

Your numbered points of interest are best suited to discussion lists
for psychological  interest groups that like heated discussions of
prying the lid off the group to see what's inside and having that end
up as the entire point of interest. At least that is what it seems like
to me and my opinion. My brother is the moderator of the gestalt-l
list. I watched this kind of communication for the last eight years.
All the interesting e-mails are much like yours on that list. I only
mention this because it would be easy to read your message as
troll-bate. I don't think it is troll-bate and to me it doesn't matter.
I'm used to seeing comments about how helpful someone has been. Just
about everything on this list is volunteer contributions in support of
something that is better than where at least for me where I came from
with the tools that I had to work with. Because of Revolution I find
myself considering doing things that I would never had tried with
Director. So you can't blow the shine off the symbolism just to patina
the carcass of the fatted calf just because the prodigal son has
wondered home.

For me it's still a party and I'm just coming up on my first year with
Revolution. So happy I discovered Revolution birthday to me... and
thanks for all the good advice and ideas from all the great people on
this list. Remember last week when I was wondering about icon and file
recognition problems on Windows. Well it turns out that I spelled the
name of my own application wrong while setting up Ken's recommendations
for setting the registry three months ago. I bothered just about
everyone and they kept asking me to look at Ken Ray's "Setting Document
Associations in Windows." What a laugh. I did it to myself. There was
never a problem.

Boy do I feel better having confessed that...

mb