Capabilities: RTF editing, Graphs, flat-file database

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jun 8 23:45:04 EDT 2004

JB,

Actually, I'm not really working with RR CGI's at all. I did a bit of
research and have come to the conclusion that they won't work well for
my projects.

Check out the section entitled "Why Multi-Tier?" on page:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/Hemingway.htm

for the approach I've selected for all our projects.

REV CGI's can work well for small projects with a lot of business logic
(easy to script), but small numbers of hits. When you start launching a
bunch of them simultaneously (as when a bunch of users hit your web
app), they tend to be quite the memory hog-- in some cases reportedly
too big for the server.

At least that's what I've come to conclude.

best,

Chipp