OpenStack not executed Rev 2.1.2

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 8 14:26:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Marian Petrides, M.D. wrote:

 >I have encountered a couple of instances in which it appears that the
 >openStack handler does not get fully executed when I first open a stack
 >or run a standalone.
 >
 >Most recently, I tried to add a password to a non-standalone stack's
 >openStack handler.  I wrote the line of code to set the password, saved
 >the stack, closed it and removed it from memory then reopened it.
 >Despite the fact that this should have triggered the openStack handler
 >it apparently did not-- I was still able to access the stack's script
 >without entering a password.
 >
 >What is even stranger is that I then changed the line to read:  set the
 >password of this stack to empty, saved, closed/remove from memory,
 >reopen.  Now, I get the password dialog and it responds to the password
 >I had set before I reset the password to empty.
 >
 >This is in Rev 2.1.2 IDE.
 >
 >Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

When you set a password, it is checked just before the stack opens.
Since you set the password in an openstack handler, it actually got set
*after* the stack opened. That means you would not have a protected
stack until the next time the stack opened -- which is what happened.
After the second opening, you removed the password via script. That
change did not take place until the next time you opened the stack after
that script ran.

You only need to set the password on a stack once, so the easiest thing
is to just set it from the message box. There isn't any need to reset it
every time the stack is opened, and even if you enter the passkey during
development, the next time the stack opens it will still be protected.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com