Chinese Unicode problem

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Tue Jun 8 11:59:59 EDT 2004

Ron,

Thank you so much for your offer to help. So far I've identified five
characters which cause problems when you convert Chinese OS 9 files so
that they can be used in Rev under OS X. I came across these cases while
working with actual text, and they didn't seem to be related in any
manner but when I checked their code to answer your question it looks as
if there were a system behind this -they are lying on the same "fault
line", to borrow a term from geology. Have a look at the situation:

CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH              UTF8

300A                                                        E3 80 8A
4E0A                                                        E4 B8 8A
5C0A                                                        E5 B0 8A
6B0A                                                        E6 AC 8A
990A                                                        E9 A4 8A

All the best,
Fritz