topstack empty?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Tue Jun 8 03:22:51 EDT 2004

Richard,

This may not solve the problem but if you set the revmenubar (and
other rev windows) as palettes, some things work much better!

One of them is the revmenubar that would not come forward when you bring
forward a stack. Most annoying... I had to make a startup plugin that
resolved this ;)

cheers
Xavier

On 08.06.2004 09:02:37 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>MisterX wrote:
>> when the topstack is not there ;)
>>
>> If you open RR and dont open a stack (that is not a palette or modal)
>> the topstack returns empty. Same behavior as with the selobj...
>
>How are topstack and selectedObject related?
>
>> naturally, if you try this, the topstack is
>> stack "F:/mc/Revolution/components/tools/revmenubar.rev"
>
>That's my point, and the source of the mystery:  in order for the engine
>to remain active it must always have one window open.
>
>In the circumstance that gave rise to the question there are actually
>several:  one toplevel stack and five palette stacks.  Normally I would
>expect that the topstack would refer to the toplevel stack, and if that
>were closed it would return the topmost palette stack. Yet in my
>circumstance I have a script that checks "the long name of the topstack"
>and it was causing errors so I had it put the topstack and it put empty.
>
>Hmmmmm....
>
>The more I think about this something occurs to me:  the bug is
>triggered when going between two toplevel stacks in the same window ("go
>cd xxx of stack yyy in window of this stack"), and the script triggering
>the error is in a preOpenStack handler.  Maybe what's happening is that
>since preOpenStack happens before the stack is drawn, yet the other
>stack is effectively no longer in that window, so there is a window
>which for that moment is in a sort of limbo, no longer belonging to that
>stack that was there but without the next one being rendered into it.
>
>Is that a bug?  I so, what should one expect the topStack to return
>under these circumstances, the stack that's been closed or the one that
>hasn't opened yet?
>
>A Zen koan in Transcript....

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER