MouseMove strangeness

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Mon Jun 7 17:38:15 EDT 2004

On Jun 6, 2004, at 12:00 AM, Ken Ray wrote:

> Don't use mouseMove... check out the resizeControl message; you get
> that as
> soon as the group bounding box handle that is being dragged is
> released.

Actually, I found a way to make it work with mouseMove. I can't set the
rect of the field to the rect of the group for reasons discussed before
(since it changes in real time and the group tries to adjust), but I
can store the widths, heights, and edges of the group and adjust the
parts to fit it within the mousemove handler. It turns out that the
order in which these operations are done are critical, but it does
work. While resizeControl would be adequate, using mouseMove lets the
group elements be resized in realtime, not just when the mouse is
released.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein