I just want to turn off button hiliting...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 5 02:24:52 EDT 2004

Howard Bornstein wrote:

> I've got a button that creates another object (say another button). In
> the button's script I first lock the screen. Then create the new button,
> then do some stuff, and later rename the button. It appears that when
> creating an object via script, this nullifies the lock screen command,
> because the button first appears with its original name and then you see
> it renamed (these are just trivial examples--the main point is that the
> lock screen command doesn't seem to hold if you're creating objects). Is
> this a known phenomena? Also only in OSX? Any workarounds?

I believe the lockscreen should remain in place even when creating objects.

You might double-check to make sure the stack that's the defaultStack is
the one you want locked at the time the lockscreen is set.

That might come into play if the button creation is triggered by a user
action in a palette window, for example, where the defaultstack is the
palette window being interacted with while the topstack is the document
where the resulting object should appear.

If your setup has everything happening in one window there might be
something else at play, perhaps a newObject handler in the IDE that's
changing the lockscreen without being mindful of matching lock and
unlock commands.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation