Rev 2.2 debug bugs

David Kwinter david at kwinter.ca
Fri Jun 4 15:09:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've been using 1.1.1 but upgraded when 2.1.2 came out. I had problems
with it, saw that other were too and put it away. Now that 2.2 is out
I'm trying to make use of it however after switching the code in my
stack that isn't backward compatible (ie it's delete global now) I
still get vague errors which make no sense. I'm experienced with Rev
1.1.1's style of pointing to the handler with the problem and taking it
from there - but these are what I get on my very stable (in 1.1.1) stack

Type		seek: bad offset expression
Object	card id 1002
Line		#show field "crossHilight"
Hint		on idle

Type		round: bad parameter
Object	card id 1002
Line		#show field "crossHilight"
Hint		on idle

Another problem I had while debugging came when I put an "answer here"
in the script. It remained in the script after I removed it seemlingly
because when I'd click apply I'd get the above error and the original
script (with the answer here) remained somehow in my card. When I'd go
to edit the card script the line was removed but when I'd search for
"answer here" in the global search box It'd said that it was in the
card script. I tried using "Replace in All" to get rid of it as well as
"set the script of this card to.." but neither worked. There seemed to
be two scripts, one I could see and one I could not-which was active
and still had the "answer here" in it. I ended up having to go into Rev
1.1.1 and when I modified the script what I saw was actually "applied"
and the dialog stopped popping up.

Is anyone else having problems with their 1.1.1 stacks or the Rev 2.2
debugger/script saving?

Any help would be appreciated.