Alpha channel support on Mac

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jun 4 00:38:39 EDT 2004

Recently, "Ken Norris"  wrote:

> I haven't tried Rev since I switched to OSX. Does 2.2  have alpha
> channel support (translucent windows, etc.)?

If you're talking about windows, then the answer is "sort of".  Using Trevor
DeVore's window external, you can set the translucency level of a Rev window
(which works great) but this is not the same as defining your own
alphachannel mask for a window.  Rev's built-in support for window masks
(the windowShape property) still only handles 1 bit images.

http://www.mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/window.html

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director