SQL UPDATE statements (confused again)

K nnoydb at excite.com
Thu Jun 3 10:59:07 EDT 2004

What I found was that revdb_execute returns the number of rows or the error.  The error is not only "revdberr,description" but also "ERROR: description".  I create a function to test for the cases and return true or false.

if queryFailed( tRows ) then
  return "Error process query [" & getLastError() & "]"
end if

NOTE queryFailed(); querySucceded() ; failed() and succeded() all setLastError() prior to making any judgements.

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)