Can you make a stack larger than the screen rect under Windows?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sat Jul 31 16:58:51 EDT 2004

> It would be useful if the user could move the window to
> the left so the left side of the window was off the
> screen, and then "grow" the scrollable part to the right
>
> Is there a way around this? I assume this is a Window's limitation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Howard Bornstein

A limitation? ... In Windows???? ...  What?????

Make a small 200x200 stack and put this little script in a button.
Every time I click it, the stack window grows, and continues to grow
off-screen.

on mouseUp
  put the rect of this stack into newStackRect
  put (item 3 of newStackRect)+100 into item 3 of newStackRect
  set the rect of this stack to newStackRect
  put the rect of this stack
end mouseUp

or you can also do a 1 liner...
set the width of this stack to (the width of this stack)+100

But this "grows" the stack in both directions

Are you seeing a different behavior? I am using Windows 2000.

Kind Regards,
Roger Eller