2.5 cursor change

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Jul 31 13:02:40 EDT 2004

On Jul 31, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> Amen.
>
> Judy
>
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
>
>> My feeling is that if you have to squint at the cursor to figure out
>> which mode you're in - if you even have to think about it - there's a
>> usability problem.

Yes, but I have to admit... I knew there was a cursor change in 2.5,
but had been too tied up in a 2.2.1 project to really pay attention.
Since I launched 2.5 to look at the issue specifically, I have to say,
I think RunRev did a great job of modernizing it. The two cursors are
logical, appropriate, and have the "power app" look that Rev should
have - IMHO.

For me, they hit the mark. Incidentally, I *do* like mickey hand for
hyperlinks, that too is a sensible convention that is immediately
recognized.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.