Unable to delete file from user space

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 30 22:25:05 EDT 2004

On 7/30/04 6:12 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> I'm 90% convinced that since all the experienced Rev'ers are saying this
> is OK, I should just accept it (and shut up :-)

No, please don't. Your fresh point of view is valuable on many levels.
Feedback is good. Don't go getting shy on us.

> But I'm 10% convinced that there is a "blinkered vision" effect for
> experienced users looking at Rev behaviour, and that that effect
> prevents long-time Rev'ers from seeing just how this looks to someone
> using Player or Rev-IDE for the first time (and since there are far more
> people in the latter category than the first, I should keep go ahead
> with pushing the argument that this is a bug).

You've made a good case that the behavior you want would be a good
change, though I think I'd like the IDE to just warn me that the stack
has requested a "quit" and ask if I want to proceed. That would give us
the best of both worlds.

But for sure you should document it. I would request it as a feature
rather than a bug because the current behavior doesn't look like a
mistake to me, but as you say, they can change the status if they want to.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com