shilling for my feature request [1926]

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 30 20:14:03 EDT 2004

At 16:24 30/07/2004 -0700, Mark Brownell wrote:

>Hi,
>
>So I finally figured out how to use bugzilla from the Rev website. So
>what's the policy on requesting people vote for a feature? I mean if they
>wanted to how would they even know the feature request even exists? [1926] ?

Here's the approach I figured out (just haven't had time to do yet ....)

1. write a stack that searches bugzilla for enhancement requests needing votes
1a. add some cool music or graphic effects
1b. give it a name that will attract people
2. make it display the bugs and their voting status in some clever way
3.  include an easy way to adjust your vote settings
4. post the stack to User Spaces
5. wait for people to download and vote for your ideas ....

And if just happened to put *your* requests first in the list, who could
complain ....

-- Alex.