Unable to delete file from user space

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 30 14:42:15 EDT 2004

At 19:54 29/07/2004 -0400, Marian Petrides wrote:

>Oops.  That stack wasn't really intended for public consumption.  I was
>just testing the upload, download and delete processes but found I
>couldn't delete it from my user space.

Oops - I realized that later when I caught up with all the email backlog ...

>This isn't a bug. The handler in question reads as noted below, so it is
>doing exactly what it was designed to do (quit the app--which if you are
>running it in the IDE turns out to be Rev itself). This stack is intended
>to be run by a loader/splash screen standalone, so having the close box
>quit it that context makes some logical sense.  Choosing yes saves the
>stack then quits, clicking no just quits.  If this were a real app, you'd
>also want a choice to cancel and return to the app.  I just slapped this
>together in response to a query about how to prompt for a save before quitting.

I kind of disagree. I don't think an application SHOULD be able to make the
IDE quit. For a stand-alone app, it makes sense to shutdown the app - but
in the context of the IDE, it should simply revert back to the IDE.  I
could have all kinds of other things going on in the IDE, and it should not
be up to an individual stack to close the IDE down.

I expect the same situation would apply to the Player - if I start up the
player, and tell it to load/play stackA, then  I would expect that when
stackA closed down, I'd be back in the player ready to try something else.

-- Alex.