Rev Online

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri Jul 30 00:02:41 EDT 2004

On Jul 29, 2004, at 12:02 PM, Takaaki Furukawa wrote:

>  So my opinion is that the web should have been based on
> HyperCard-like (Rev-like) platform, NOT HTML,  in the very first place.

You'll be interested to know that I had conversations with Bob Perez
(who was the HyperCard evangelist at the time), Jean-Louis Gassee, and
others about putting HyperCard in the Mac ROM and adding a TCP/IP stack
to it. That would have *become* the Web and it would have been earlier
and better than what we ended up with. And Apple would have become a
standard instead of a fringe computer.

Gassee nixed the idea.

The rest, as they say, is history.