More font woes :(

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Jul 29 16:27:31 EDT 2004

Okay... (deep breath):

Not only do my fonts go FUBAR half-way through my stack (as witnessed by
folks participating in the RevChat yesterday), BUT...

Some fields do not show up AT ALL.  (I had thought that maybe the kiddies
had somehow selected them and hit the delete button when I wasn't looking,
but no, this is not the case).

Previously working script:

on preOpenCard
  hide image "ChemProjectSm2.jpg"
  hide image "ChemProjectSm3.jpg"
  hide image "ChemProjectSm4.jpg"

  put "Revolution cards can contain..." && return into fld "Content"
end preOpenCard
on openCard
  wait 1 secs
  put return && return && "   Text " && return after the last line of fld
"Content"
  wait 1 sec
  show image "ChemProjectSm2.jpg"
  wait 1 secs
  put "    Images " && return after the last line of fld "Content"
  wait 1 sec
  show image "ChemProjectSm3.jpg"
  wait 1 secs

  put "    Buttons" after the last line of fld "Content"
wait 1 sec
show image "ChemProjectSm4.jpg"
wait 2 secs

end openCard

So, you see that what I'm trying to do is, on a timed basis, put lines of
text into a field named "Content".

I see nothing.  I get no error messages.

I check the application browser; sure enough, the field exists.
Double-clicking it from there I can access contents.  And, sure enough, in
the contents view, I SEE MY TEXT.  But I don't see it on screen.

If I ask Rev to return the contents of the field using an answer command
in the message box, I get my contents.  BUT NOT ONSCREEN.  (reaching for
inhaler...)

Why, in the name of anyone's favorite deity, is this happening?  I cannot
see/select the field, but the app browser reports that it's there...

(for anybody still with me, it's card 13 of Revtour.rev.zip found at:
http://ecs.fullerton.edu/~jperryl/RevTour.rev.zip).

Aaarrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

(feeling like Bloat in Finding Nemo...)

Judy