fast click ignored

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 08:07:56 EDT 2004

On Jul 28, 2004, at 12:42 AM, Sarah wrote:

> However, the reason for this email is that I have noticed a peculiarity
> which I would like people on other systems to confirm or deny. If I
> click twice AT THE SAME POINT within about 5 seconds, the second click
> is ignored. If I move the mouse slightly, the second click gets
> recognized as fast as I can click.

I do not see this on Mac OS X 10.3 and Rev 2.2.1. If there is no
mouseDoubleUp handler, all the mouseUps are registered except the
second of two within the double-click time. If there is a mouseDoubleUp
which does a mouseUp, I get all the clicks whether the mouse is moved
or not, whether I click slow or fast.

Jim Lyons