Rev player

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Jul 27 23:49:49 EDT 2004

> Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:39:30 -0700
> From: Dan Shafer <revdan at danshafer.com>
> Subject: Re: Rev player

>>> So what am I not understanding?
>>
>> Only that it is available to you, but not really meant for you.
>>
> OK, but *in general*, who aside from the Dreamcard developer would
> really want to use this approach to delivery? I am sure there must be
> some folks, I just can't figure out who they are!

Well, I might use it like this:

I have some friends who just bought a business and need some offline
archiving software for images, and a few other widgets and gadgets. It would
be helpful if I could give them some stacks to run and see if they like
them, if they work out OK. I can build quick & dirty solutions to get them
by while I work out detaills, get rid of bugs, and dress up the SA apps.
They use Macs for the workshop production setups and a Sony Vaio for the
business front end. It'll be a big advantage to not have to build separate
applications every time.

Like that.

Ken N.