Cross-platform fonts...what is everyone else doing?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue Jul 27 18:42:25 EDT 2004

> 	• 	From: Frank Leahy
> 	• 	 Subject: Re: Cross-platform fonts...what is everyone else doing?
> 	• 	 Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:42:12 -0700
>
> Thanks Richard,
>
>  I just tested it again, and I can confirm it doesn't work that way --
> when it can't find the specified font, it does not apply the fontStyle
> or fontSize settings.
>
> The Test: I created a test stack with five fields on OSX that had the
> following font, style and size properties:
>

> 1. Nothing set (all default)
> 2. Set bold attribute only
> 3. Set to 14 pt
> 4. Set font = "0"
> 5 Set font = "0" and bold

Try to set the font to ""

Setting the font of a stack to "0" will put "0" into the textFont
property of the stack.

Sometimes looking at the scripts of the IDE can clarify things.
In RR they ommited the "none" option in the fontlist of the font
chooser as emptying the field will report empty.
In MC they have the "none" option in the font chooserlist and  in the
script you will find:

on setproperty p, v
   local setstring
   if the selectedObject is not empty then
     if v is "none" then put empty into v
.
.
.
If the choice is "none" then it should be replaced with empty.

May be adding a line which changes "0" into empty for die-hard
zero-users could ease things.

HTH

Greetings
WA