linkClicked not sent for fields with listbehavior=true

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 16:14:43 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, July 27, 2004, at 01:03 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> Thanks Chipp.  I noticed another possibility is to use charToNum().
> In looking for a workaround I found that chartoNum(clickChar()) = "32"
> when I click on an image.  I've tested on OS X.3 and Windows XP with
> the same results using two different images.  Anybody know if I can
> rely on this value for determining if an image was clicked?

I haven't but I find it inventive and clever to even have tried it.
Very interesting discovery. If that works then the clickLine would give
you the line number of the rendered htmlText.

> This method wouldn't provide the toggled state of the outline like
> checking for the current image would, but I may end up storing that
> property as an attribute of each line anyway.

So it's possible to store each HTML line of each rendered line in the
field. Yet Another great idea.

Thanks for the creative solutions.

Mark