Plugins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 27 05:51:32 EDT 2004

 >>Derek Bump wrote:
 >> > I'm not really sure what situation would trigger it, but every
 >> > once and a while I would see 20-30 additional stacks listed in
 >> > my Application Browser.  That was only after a slight delay
 >> > and then Rev would just slow down suddenly.
 >>
 >>Odd.  What were the names of the stacks that mysteriously appeared?
 >
 > altColorizeScript.rev
 > altConvolve2.rev
 > CollideDemo.rev
 > iFunctions.mc
 > libSMTP v2.0.2
 > LibMP3 v0.5.0
 > LibEmail v1.0.2
 > EasyTransparency.rev
 > Guideline_Picker.rev
 > Odd Shapes.rev
 > POP Library.rev
 > RevGridDisplay 1.0.rev
 >
 > That's not all of them, but these are the ones I definately remember.

Did I understand the original post correctly, that those are not in the
App Browser at the start of a session but appear in it later as you work?

As far as I know those should be loaded at startup, as the plugin
manager needs to check their properties to determine if they should be
automatically opened.

The destroyStack property will correct the always-in-memory issue,
purging any unopened stacks as soon as their properties are checked.
Jacque managed to convince me that plugin authors should consider
turning the destroyStack on for their stacks, and I'd go further to
suggest that having it on should be the engine default.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation