Public ip address

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 18:14:31 EDT 2004

Roger,

Let's end this! here a little CGI for you... :-p  you must setup
Metacard Engine as CGI. You can refer to the CGI tutorial at
http://www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/ or use my CGI-Tool palette to
do this for you, you can fetch it on http://public.soapdog.org

put this inside a cgi called whatismyip.cgi
--- Begin whatismyip.cgi --
#!mc

on startup
   put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr
   put "Your ip is:" && $REMOTE_ADDR
end startup

--- end whatismyip.cgi --

you invoke this by http://www.yourServer.com/cgi-bin/whatismyip.cgi

you can use the following code in your client app:

function whatIsMyDamnIP
   get URL "http://www.yourServer.com/cgi-bin/whatismyip.cgi"
   set the itemDel to ":"
   put item 2 of it into tMyIP
   return tMyIP
end whatIsMyDamnIP

that should work.
andre

On Jul 26, 2004, at 6:59 PM, Roger Amar wrote:

> OK, Andre, I agree with you, I used the wrong solution because I could
> not find better.
> If you can help with a more efficient solution, I would be happy.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Roger;

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL