ftp dates

James.Cass at sealedair.com James.Cass at sealedair.com
Mon Jul 26 17:02:07 EDT 2004

>  when you upload or download a file via ftp,
> the file is assigned the current date/time,
> not the original date/time.

In MacOSX 10.3.x you can use the command "SetFile" to modify a file's
modification or creation date.  The "SetFile" command is available in the
free download of Apple's Developer Tools.  I use it when copying files
from a Mac client to a Win2K server.  I compare the copied file's mod date
with the original and change the copy if needed.

Hope this helps,
James

"Jay Madren" <JaysLists at triad.rr.com>
Sent by: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com